During the three-day long meeting the invited guests can get to know each other’s best practices and research results by the introduction of the Hungarian and international partners. Further aim of the program is to establish long-term cooperation.
- The most important types of documents for the blind and visually impaired are the audiobooks (CDs and cassettes alike) and books in Braille writing.
- Books printed in special readable characters facilitate the library use of the visually impaired (Fekete Sas Publication House).
Technological Tools:TOPAZ table reading television device:
useful for the visually impaired, by laying a book or journal to the surface of the device, the pages can be read in multiple enlargement. Focus 80 Braille-display: manufactured according to the newest Braille-displaying technology, makes navigation in the Windows environment easy. Magnifiers, glasses Jaws for Windows professional version (in Hungarian):
- A screen reading software developed in the US, the Hungarian version was created by the Hungarian Association of the Blind and the Visually Impaired. (MVGYOSZ)
- The screen reading software reads the text on the screen aloud in Hungarian, thus enabling the visually impaired to use the machine.
- There are more setting and tuning options to choose from (including choosing a female or a male voice for the reading, the extendibility of the dictionary helping error-free reading, the speed of the reading aloud can be set, etc.)
- a program converting digital text files (scanned text, edited word document, text file) to Hungarian Braille-characters;
- does not use ink, Braille characters are created by small needles, it requires special paper, which can be ordered from MVGYOSZ;
- it is loud, so a noise reduction box is needed
a special internet browser which reads the texts on the websites aloud in a realistic, comprehensible manner and helps navigation among the web pages for the blind and visually impaired.
For the Deaf and Hard of Hearing:
The Procurement of an Induction loop and induction amplifier devices is in progress.
- The use of induction loop helps communication.
- With the use of the induction loop and the induction amplifier, the signals and sounds increase for the hard of hearing, setting the hearing device to T(telephone) mode, talking becomes comprehensible.
- In bigger social places, auditoriums the inductive amplifier makes it possible to understand speech well for those wearing hearing aid.